According to the latest census, the city population is 5350.
Geographical coordinates of Llandrindod Wells (WGS84): latitude: 52° 14' 0" N ( 52.2333 ), longitude: 3° 23' 0" W ( -3.3833 ).
We recommend you to visit the following pages about travelling to Llandrindod Wells: "Trinity Parish") is a town and community in Powys, within the historic boundaries of Radnorshire, Wales.
It serves as the seat of Powys County Council and thus the administrative centre of Powys.
It was developed as a spa town in the 19th century, with a boom in the late 20th century as a centre of local government.
A period of relative decline during the late 18th and early 19th centuries was reversed with the construction of the Heart of Wales Line making Llandrindod accessible from the Midlands and North West of England, and South Wales.Enclosure of the common in 1862 enabled expansion of the town with the construction of new streets, hotels, shops and houses.During the 'season' between May and mid-September visitors would take the waters at the pump rooms at the Rock Park and Pump House Hotel, entertained by orchestras.Hotels, boarding houses and shops — including the Central Wales Emporium on the corner of Temple Street and Station Crescent — provided for the visitors.In the early 1870s an ornamental lake was formed by draining marshland near the Pump House Hotel (on the current site of the Council offices), and in 1893 a 9-hole golf course was opened on the common beside the lake (later replaced by the present 18-hole course on the hills above).
Horse races (and later air displays) were held on the Rock Ddole meadow beside the river.